One thing clutter cleaning really does is remind you of what you have, and how much of it there is. In the days before work started, when procrastination really set it, I cleaned. Procrastination brings in some of my best cleaning moments LOL
I went through my stuff and found heaps and oodles of potions and lotions. Still. I mean I went through this last year and was on a crusade to ' use up' the things I had. But the stock has crept up again and it's time to get serious.
Use up provides 2 things for me:
1) I dont spend money buyinig things I think I need, but really already have 12 of.
2) I clear out clutter in my house.
What all do I have ?
hand lotions and body creams. body wash and body scrub with the lil exfoliators in it. More facial cleaning pads and make up removal pads than any girl should have. foot creams and under eye creams. crest white strips. lil shampoos and conditioners.
Most of these things, I don't think I purchased. You pick them up here and there. Hotels. freebies. gifts. None of them are so special they need to be hung onto until the queen comes.
So that is my September mission - use up as many of these products as I can and clear up space in my world.
PS - My time with the Arbonne test kit has come to an end. I will miss it very much. I absolutely love the products.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
4 comments:
If there are items you've never used, you might think about selling them in collections on Ebay. I got rid of some lotions and potions that way. And honestly, I finally just threw some away...they were old and questionable anyway. Two more that I didn't want I took to school and gave to my 8th grade TA, who was excited about sweet smelling lotion. :)
I did this last year too. I feel I have to take every item offered me in a hotel room! Of course every product that comes out that is the one - you just have to!
Anyway, I donated mine to an area womens shelter. the homeless shelters will take them too as long as they are not used.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
When I moved to my home in Toronto 3.5 years ago, I realized the bathroom didn't have a vanity nor a medicine cabinet (to speak of). Although I purchased a little IKEA cabinet to hold some stuff, there simply wasn't room to keep my personal collection of "lotions and potions". That's when I ditched mine.
Like you, I was kind of amazed at how much stuff I had! I don't have too much anymore, just because, there's no place to put it! Sometimes smaller living is good for the pocket book.
Good for you on your clutter busting mission!
I easily collect these types of things. I put myself on a buying ban in April but bought somethings in June that went on sale. Now I've been back on the buying ban and hopefully can stay on until Janurary when my favorites go on sale and it's time to stock back up. :)
Post a Comment