I went this morning and deposited the rest of the 'spare' money into the account for the new vehicle downpayment. It's very exciting that this goal is only two months old and I am already at 48.8% fulfilled.
I am very fortunate to have that money to add to things and make it move faster. I will feel so much better knowing that WHEN the time is right/necessary to buy a new (to me) vehicle, that the downpayment is there.
I am also fortunate nothing OMG unforseen has come along (knock on wood) to change my plans. This goal will be met by end of June and at that point I will be putting that money towards my Lump Sum Payments.
woo hoo
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
3 comments:
Do you know what kinda car you're getting yet? Make or model? My family is looking to buy a "new to us" car soon too.
Not totally yet. I'm not wanting another van, I need more space than a small car and I don't want some long ungainly thing. Perhaps a Dodge Caliber/Journey or something in that realm.
Good for you!!!! You are doing fantastic - I can't wait to be in the same boat as you are!!!! I do know that I LOVE being able to pay for things with cash ;) We used a credit card for everything, and now that we have put them to rest & our cars pif, we have been using actual money to pay for things (wow, what a concept! haha)
I drive a Mazda 5 & LOVE IT! it has sliders & conveniece of a minivan but not as big or mini vanish --- there is also the fact that if you needed to, there is room for 6 (we usually keep the back down & use all that room for our cargo area)
have fun!
Post a Comment