Pages

Thursday, December 26, 2019

A year of change



While my blogging has taken a hit this year, I did keep up with my change. I think it was a normalizing constant.

The banks are getting pickier about the prerolled $ though. Often they open up the roll of toonies and loonies as apparently people try to 'steal' by putting quarters in here and there. I don't care if they open it up. They also are pushing their money counting machine, which is all well and good. It is the actual gathering and rolling, though, that is the familiar appeal to me.

As I went through my blog to see when I had recorded it, I was surprised by how few entries I had. I feel like I deposited more than I actually have in the blog.



February - $100
June - $100
August - $100
September - $200
December - $100

For a total of $600

I could have left it alone, but I wanted to know if I only did it that often or if I had just neglected to write about it. The account I put it in has only a few movements each month so it would be easy to track.

I found 
January $100
April - $100

so I guess that brings the total to $800

I definitely need to keep better track, for my own mind

Here are my previous years' change amounts:



2012 -$549.50
2013 - $980
2014 - $512
2015 - $642
2016 - $825

2017 - $970

2018 - $840

I will continue to gather my change. I always put the first $500 towards back to school and the rest towards my TFSA.


2 comments:

SAM said...

We just use cash so infrequently tht we rarely have change to save. The amount you set aside is massive to me.

Jolie said...

That makes sense. When I used my debit and credit cards for everything I found I was much less aware of the amounts I was spending. Happy New Year!