Pages

Friday, July 5, 2019

Where the money stands

as of July 5th

Debt
Mortgage - $4 524.00
College LOC - $10 899.91
Total Debt - $15 423.91


Planned Savings
TFSA - $9350
RRSP - $14 262
TFSA 2019 - $200
Plates 2019 - $100 (used for jeep plates)
Back to School - $500
RRSP 2019 - $2000
Summer 2019 - $1000
Christmas 2019 - $0

I need to get cracking on my XMAS 2019. Even though I didn't use it for XMAS per se last year but channeled it towards my trip to France to see DS1, it is still essential to start savings.

Dad has signed his house over to me to avoid clawbacks when he passes away. The  property taxes are due in August and the house insurance is due in July so I need to find out how much these are and if he still plans to pay them or if that passes on to me. It's totally up to him but I am hoping he pays some of it. I have started tucking money away to help with this, but if I don't need to use it, then I will put it towards renovations and furniture when the move eventually happens as we don't plan to get rid of our little house right away.

1 comment:

Jane said...

My dad did something similar, he sold his house early and divvied up the funds between my siblings and I - then no bother with probate or value lost. Smart plan.