Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Things just keep happening

Today we had to say goodbye to our cat. She joined our family in November of 2006. Her family lived next door and they moved. And just left her behind. She came up to our step, meowed, and moved in.

She has been unwell for awhile now. Trouble eating. Throwing up lots. DS2 took her to the vet today knowing it might not be good news. It was not. She had a large tumour.

He was very strong to make this decision, especially given his mental health struggles.

He texted his brother in Europe so he could say goodbye.

The house is incredibly empty without her. She was our normal. Our routines revolved around her.

She was the first person I talked to in the morning and the last person I talked to at night as she snuggled into bed.

She was the best cat and a bright spot in our family in this year of sadness.  and I miss her already.

5 comments:

SAM said...

I'm sorry for your family's loss. Pets have a special place in our hearts.

its me, sam said...

Jolie, i'm so sorry to read of your kitties passing and your dad's failing health. Hugs to you....

Jane said...

I'm so sorry Jolie! I love my two cats to bits and will be devastated when I lose them. I love how you call your cat a person. That's the way I feel about mine too; in fact, they are sweeter and nicer than most people I know. Mine sleep with me too and are such a comfort. You've had quite a year - sending you hugs.

Anonymess said...

My condolences, Jolie. We lost our Caterwaul just a few days before. I'm so sorry life is so sad and hard for you lately.

Northern Living Allowance said...

I'm so sorry, Jolie. What a truly difficult year you've had. Sending a big (virtual) hug and warm thoughts your way. Love, NLA xx