Pages

Monday, February 5, 2018

Where the money stands

as of Feb 5th


Debt
Mortgage - $10 384.93
College LOC - $20 393.42

Total Debt - $30 778.35



Savings/Planned Spending
TFSA/EF - $8200 
RRSP -$15 351
Back to School 2018 - $200
XMAS 2018 - $200
TFSA 2018 - $400
RRSP 2018 - $1500 (goal met)
Plates 2018 - $0

January is always a month that makes me feel energized, money wise.

I have met my goal for RRSP 2018.

I added change for Back to School.

My goal for 2018 was to pay down $1500 extra on my LOC. I managed to do $450. I know that Jan is a month before new bills happen and surprises, or I feel de-energized, so I don't expect to do that much every month. Was a nice start though. 

I hope to be below $30 000 (again) for my March 'where the money stands', but I never try to plan, or Murphy will come knocking.

My next goal will be for vehicle plates (insurance). If the boys manage to be able to pay their own for the first time, then I can redirect that saved money to another purpose.

1 comment:

Jane said...

You are knocking off your goals quite steadily! I must agree about Murphy - he visited me this week and I wasn't pleased :I