So while we were down in the US, DS2 bought a laptop. He is quite particular about what system he gets so he was excited to actually find what he was looking for. He has $ in his account from his summer working so he popped it on his MasterCard with the intention of paying the MC as soon as we got home.
For some reason his MasterCard didn't work. He still has the piggyback card on my MC account but chose to leave it at home because 'why would I need that?" he said.
He was with his dad at the time (Yes...I was at the book store :-) so his dad offered to put it on his Visa and DS would pay him back when he got home.
When we got home DH was all in a panic about getting that laptop money paid off. DS was off helping a friend whose vehicle broke down on the highway so with his permission I moved the money for him ( I have him on my account still)
Seemed easy enough. Make a payment from DS's account to DH's visa.
click click
The next morning I am checking my online accounts as I always do and see that a payment has been made to MY Visa.
sigh
I clicked payment from DS's account to MY visa not DH's.
I called but they would not cancel it.
DH is now in a panic thinking his visa is going to have a balance. DH has no grey area. He is either calm or .....NOT
So I make a payment from my savings to DH's account.
I now have a credit on my Visa and a hole in my savings. Instead of taking out cash for my jar money I am carefully spending it on my visa and paying back the savings. It will take about a month to balance things out.
Slow down and look before you click :-)
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
5 comments:
Oh no! I'm sure you're be relieved once it all balances out! Chy
Oh no! Ugh. Well, to be fair, at least you had the funds to cover it all. What a frustrating mistake, though! xx
I guess this sort of thing happens to everyone at some time or another.
Just keep putting bills on that credit card to eat up that credit balance and you'll be aok in no time.
As for DH.....give him a chill pill. lolz
Been there, done that twice recently so trying to be more careful. I wish there was an easy way to reverse the transactions but there doesn't seem to be.
It happened to me once. they send me a new Master card and I forgot to change the payee number on my banking. Accidentally paid to old card instead of the new card. Luckily, they made the transfer for me and waved the interest.
Post a Comment