Debt
Mortgage -
College LOC - $15 400.00
Total Debt - $32 339.22
Savings/Planned Spending
TFSA/EF - $7100
RESP - $5 500
RRSP - $10 946
Summer 2016 - $1000
Back to School - $500
RRSP 2016 - $1500
XMAS 2016 - $160
Plates - $1000
I have been avoiding this post. First the good-ish. I added $500 to the plates (car tags) fund. I decided to combine money for TFSA and RRSP savings and put it all under my RRSP mini goal of $1500. I will think about TFSA later.
College costs are kicking my ass. DS1 had a summer class that he a) needed and b) we had hoped would be covered. It wasn't. That was $2222 USD. They also moved as their previous landlord was wanting to rent their house to family now starting college so he had a new damage deposit and rent for the summer. I had to add to my LOC to make it happen. So that is up.
I will start hitting that LOC again toute suite.
Two years left of college. Sure hope they appreciate it and get jobs.
4 comments:
I'm sure they will!! 😊 $2222US though... 😳 ouch!! 💰💰💰💰💰
At least the mortgage is steadily decreasing! There WILL come a time when college costs disappear and also your mortgage payments and you will be able to sock it all away for retirement. Hang in there!
Your sons are super lucky to have your support for their schooling!
College LOC may be higher but it's a necessary expense. At least your mortgage is going down.
Post a Comment