I had a few emails and messages from folk inside the blogging world and outside, making sure I was ok. thank you.
Today in our province there was a community/school shooting that has made international news. It was a few hours from me, but I teach with folk who have taught there and know the people involved. It is quite a bit north and a community that has had much tragedy, suicide and mental illness.
Two young men were killed in their home. The shooter then went to the school and killed a young, 21 year old teacher assistant and one 35 year old teacher in his first year there, as well as injuring several others. The suspect is in police custody.
Such incredibly sad news.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago

8 comments:
I was reading about La Loche this morning in the paper. They have had their share of problems and now this. My heart goes out to the loved ones of those who were killed and injured. A sad day for everyone.
I saw tweets about it after it happened. Shocking. :(
It is so heartbreaking to see this type of news...
This is just absolutely tragic.
This is so sad. I was thinking of you.
I actually heard about this yesterday on an FB post from the PM. The first person I thought of was you. This is so heartbreaking. xx
Thank you everyone. I am thinking of my colleague, who had taught both the shooter, and one of the young men, when they were younger.
So bizzarre to have an incident like that happen so close to home here. <3
Post a Comment