Pages

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Will have to call MC but...

their hold times are killing me.

I noticed 2 different occasions where using my MasterCard online would not work.

The first was in August when DS and I were heading down to the States. There was a document he needed to cross as a student that we had forgotten about. We used DS's phone and the border's wifi to access the webpage, but no  matter how many times we tried, it kept saying there was an error with my card. It wasn't specific so we didn't know what detail was off.  I thought it was the number itself...do you leave the spaces between the sets of four numbers or not. We tried both, multiple times. The agent who was helping us was saying perhaps the billing address was wrong, but we redid that as well.  Thank goodness I had a VISA as well. We popped that info in and bam! card accepted.

I meant to phone, but when I got back, school started right away and it got busy.

The second was on our trip to the US. Everything was fine paying for the trip via expedia, with my MC. When it came time to 'check in' online, we hit a glitch. Those lovely $25 fees you have to pay to check luggage. Same thing happened. No matter what I did, it said there was an error.  I used my VISA and it worked immediately.

Anyone have any experience with this??

3 comments:

its me, sam said...

Jolie, there are times where my MC does not work online... Not sure why. This post didn't sow up on my feed until today... Not sure why either!

Jolie said...

Lol everything technological seems to be wonky in my world lately.

The Asian Pear said...

Maybe your MC company thought your card was stolen and was an illegal transaction? That happens to me sometimes when I go somewhere or buy something that seems like unusual activity for me and my usual spending.