Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Where the money stands

as of November 6th

Debts
Mortgage - $22 786.17

**Total Debt - $22 786.17



Savings/Planned Spending
TFSA/EF - $5000

RESP - $20 100
RRSP - $8000 

DS2's trip -$2200
Plates 2014 - $0 - insurance was due on the 26th of October

XMAS - $1400

**added to that debt is Semester 1 of college tuition, the killer fees for international students and the living expenses.  This is on the LOC.DS has been pretty good about his spending, considering he is away from home and rations what I give him with what he saved the previous year. I don't expect his saved $ to last a whole lot longer. He could only save so much while playing hockey and on the road.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I would LOVE to have a mortgage that low! You are almost done!!

I've already spent about $1000 for Christmas, and I still have about 1/4 left to do. I've been able to spend less each year for the last several, so I'm pretty happy with that.

I did notice that schools in US charge a bunch more for International students, but I have no idea why. Glad your son is a responsible with his $$$. It would make it so much harder if he wasn't. :)

Jane said...

I look at your sidebar and see all of those things funded 100% or paid off 100% and think you're doing really great! Don't get down on yourself. You have a plan and it's working. As far as your RRSP goes there were a couple of years where I had to borrow in order to max it out. I feel it was worth it in order to boost my refund plus increase my savings. You have to pay it back in 1 year which I managed ok. It's an option.