sorry for the away, and thank Sam for asking how I am doing. Hard to believe it's been a month.
I would say for the most part I have been very, very blue the past month. It's been a tough adjustment to DS being gone so far away....and the realization that I have only months left with DS2. Life here has been very quiet and lonely. a lot of sad realizations.
Now I know that I am a lucky woman to have my two kids when there isn't a day going by where I read in the news that another mother has lost hers to accident or illness, or darker forces. I really do appreciate that I am lucky.
It's just a tougher life adjustment.
DH and I live pretty separate lives and I think that reality was highlighted by being one person less in the house. I really don't want to do another 40 years of not having a friend or a love. I need to make some changes within me so I can see the different lights I have around me.
work wise -it's been busy. They have changed again how our report card looks which means we need to change the way we evaluate, which really means, at it's core, we need to change the way we teach. I don't disagree with a lot of the philosophy. It does feel like 'everything we have always done is wrong and we need to relearn everything'. I have been trying to wrap my head around the changes and trying new things to align with the new changes.
Moneywise, I have almost all the money needed for DS2's trip. It is due by December so I think I am on target. It took forever to get the US bank on board for my account down there. I am still waiting on my debit card. I suspect the gentleman I dealt with when we were down there was unfamiliar with setting up accounts. None of the correct address information made it properly into the system. My favourite was my last call to the bank's 1 888 number when the third person I was passed to, who had been briefed on my situation said "why don't you just pop into the branch and we can straighten this out." yes, remember when I said I was from Canada and thousands of miles away....? lol pop in! :-)
I had gutted my weekly grocery money by $40, rationalizing that I was feeding one less mouth so I should have extra cash. I am finding it difficult to keep to that amount. Granted I also use that budget for household items.
Today was a really good day, all around. I got things done. I went for a long long walk and reconnected with nature. I didn't feel blah. I truly do hope I can continue to feel this way. I rather like not being sad or near tears when I see something that reminds me my kids are grown :-)
this isn't meant to be a poor me post in any way. just an update on where I 've been. hopefully am moving more into the sunshine
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
4 comments:
Jolie... You will do what's best for you... I'm glad you're no longer AWOL.. Enjoy the sunshine and the walks in the woods. Nature is a great healer...
Hang in there, the sunshine always comes back. Winter always feels coldest just before spring.
The fact that DS1 has moved so far must be very difficult. It's not like you can drive an hour and visit. It's much harder on the parents than the child! Getting out for walks is good medicine. Keep it up!
Jolie,
It's hard to have kids go away to college. Leaves a big whole. I'm on my THIRD child going away, and I feel it big time. I know next year will be the hardest when my LAST goes away. I'm sorry to hear that you and hubby don't do much together. Maybe will kids away, that will change? Hang in there….it does get easier!
Post a Comment