Pages

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Where does the money stand?

as of September 6th

Debts
Mortgage - $23 365.14

**Total Debt - $23 365.14



Savings/Planned Spending
TFSA/EF - $5000

RESP - $19 300
RRSP - $8000 

DS2's trip -$1956
Plates 2014 - $1200

XMAS - $500
 


Ok so this past month a lot of money moved around in a lot of directions.  The 'college' savings was morphed into a US $ account here in town so that it is ready when I need it.  I need to keep a watch on the exchange rate and plan when I will add more to it. There is a fee every time I do it so I want to do larger amounts a few times  a year rather than smaller amounts, more often.

** with regards to total debt... there is still the LOC. I had zeroed it out after I paid off DS2's car, but I am using this line as the 'loan' for DS1's college now.  That number will be in flux pretty much all the time. Take out a chunk against the LOC and then pay it back bit by bit each month. Repeat for semester 2.  I decided not to keep a running tally of this on here. Just a personal decision. Right now it is under $10 000 and should keep going down over the course of the year. I have a set amount I am paying off each month and snowflakes are going against it.

3 comments:

Jane said...

Hope DS1 is enjoying college in the U.S. It is a big adjustment for him and for you. I think our kids adjust more easily than we do though!

Jolie said...

I haven't heard a ton from him. He loves the community and the team. He and his roomie are having trouble finding ways to fit in meal prep into their school and hockey schedule. He is realizing the time it takes to actually make food. He sounds hungry. I am sure they will figure out a routine soon.

He is fine. Mama is missing him dreadfully.

its me, sam said...

Jolie, how are you? I haven't seen a post in a while! Hope all is well!