I mentioned before that last week was a big visit from Murphy. Here is the second reason why.
On Thursday AM last week we had what I hope was our last visit from winter. It was snowy and windy and icy. I had just nicely started teaching when I got a call from DS2. He had been in an accident. Thank goodness for a great staff to help me get out of work and get to my son.
Picture a long slow decline on a road. Followed by an underpass, following immediately by a quick curve to the right, and then another quick curve to the left up a small incline. Oh and then a bridge. One lane. All in the span of 1KM
Our story begins on the curve to the left up a small incline where DS's friend was driving her car about 30KM in a long line of congested traffic. She hit ice, spun out and hit a light standard. (She is fine, but her car is not). Folks behind her start to try to slow down, touching the breaks as little as possible on the ice. Back up to the top of that long slow decline where DS was, only about 3 min behind his friend. As the cars begin to slow down, DS is caught right behind ppl and right in front of ppl. He was not going fast at all but the littlest touch on the break sends him flying. He missed the folk in front of him and the cars behind were able to shift this way and that. DS hit a light standard that came right on his driver's door (at the back of it) and smashed the side of his car took out the back window. Boy and car in ditch. Light standard across highway. He was fine, though covered in glass. Several folk stop to make sure he is ok.
Enter mom's arrival on scene. As he was reaching in to get his registration out he managed to cut across the top of his knuckles on the glass. Beyond that, he is fine. He was very very lucky.
Cops are everywhere and tow trucks and while we are talking to the RCMP we hear a few more accident calls out come across their radio.
The hunt is on for a new vehicle for him and dealing with the paperwork of this crash. Wish the brand new winter tires had helped, but ice isn't terribly forgiving.
So for Easter I am happy that DS is here with us. DS said " I am so sad not to see my car in the driveway." I said "I am so happy to see YOU here in my house. safe."
So Murphy is hanging out here for awhile. Anyone else want to take a turn?
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
4 comments:
I think Murphy has been working overtime! My laptop died last week plus I had a minor fender bender - I'm keeping my fingers that #3 isn't too terrible. I'm so glad your son is safe and uninjured - it could have been so much worse. I truly hope winter is finally finished with us though today was a cold one!
Thanks so much Jane. Sorry to hear Murphy is hanging out with you too. Today was gorgeous here. 20C with a wind.
I just realized this was my 1000th post. LOL happy 1000th post to me
Glad to know he's ok... Murphy needs a break away from bloggers... And FYI it's snowing here today... April 24... YUCK
Gah. Sorry to hear that the car is a gonner. But from the sounds of it, Murphy wasn't around. Things could have been so much worse from the sounds of the car accident and driving conditions. DS is safe and sound - thank goodness.
Post a Comment