Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

First snowflakes of 2014

Each year DH's sister and her husband forego traditional gifts and give us lottery scratchers for a present. There were some for each of us this year. I spent some time last night scratching them, making a mess with those little shavings.

Some of them are fairly straightforward and it's easy to see if you have won or lost. Others have a lot more pieces to them and missing one thing could mean the difference between thinking you lost, and actually winning.

You used to have to rely purely on yourself, but in the past couple years they have put in the bar code scanner so that you can check via machine. I have done this in the past and found $2 here or there I would have missed otherwise.

Today I took them to the machine to scan and came away with  my first snowflakes of 2014.

$40 made it's way into my 'snowflake' wallet and onto my snowflake jar list. When the wallet hits $100, I take it to the bank and put it towards my target.

My target is $2000 on my TFSA. I will save up a $1000, then do the paperwork for the transfer, and then repeat when I get the second $2000

5 comments:

Jane said...

Nice start to the year! Better $40 worth of "green" snowflakes than 40 inches of fresh snow!!

Hawaii Planner said...

Woohoo for the first snowflake. :-) May this be the start of a great year.

Northern Living Allowance said...

Congrats! What a great way to start the new year :)

Jennifer said...

Nice way to start! Green snowflakes all over!

Auntie April said...

Love your goals for this year. Congrats on the first of *many* snowflakes!