Each step is only one step. One piece of a journey. But together those steps show the canvas of your year showing a clear, determined path - or a wandering - or even a backtrack when one realizes they are not on the right path.
I found this website while looking for ideas for wall art and was amazed at the patterns this gentleman makes. Below is an example of his work along with a link to an article on his work. Simon definitely had to think of the big picture before he began. Plot and plan and visualize. This undoubtedly was not his first attempt at such art, and many a design had to lie in stasis until the winds blew across it, or fresh snow fell.
I use this visual to draw a comparison to how I wish to spend this coming year. You definitely need to have a plan before you start. There is no delete button when walking through the snow, and while you CAN backtrack, it does leave the impressions of those journey experiences.
You can start out, thinking something is a great idea, a great piece to your journey, but when you actually begin, you find things hidden under the snow that force you to change your plans. And it's ok for plans to change. That is truly the way life evolves.
So that is my mantra for 2014. Have a plan. Begin the journey. Expect to learn things along the way that alter your course for good or for bad. Refocus. Keep moving. Enjoy the moments of the walk.
2014 Aspirations - Planned Savings
TFSA - $2000
RRSP - $2000
RESP - $2400
DS2's Trip - $2000
Summer 2014 - $1000
Back to School - $1000
Christmas 2014 - $1400
Vehicle Plates - $1200
2014 Aspirations - Experiences
embrace the past at ancestry.ca
feed your love of reading
move move move more to feel great
get more weight off your body
take a road trip to rediscover the past or explore the future
work smarter, not harder
(use the time you are given)
make conscious efforts to focus on the positive
notice the beauty of simple, small moments
shut off the tv more and turn on the music
Here I come 2014!
(feel free to check out more details on my Goals 2014 page)
(feel free to check out more details on my Goals 2014 page)

4 comments:
I just heard about that fellow's snow designs yesterday! Beautiful! I love your message today - I need to step outside of myself and get moving. Nothing happens if you stand still.
We must have been on the same wavelength Jane :-)
Wonderful post and such wonderful aspirations!! :)
I like the idea of aspirations vs resolutions or goals feels more liquid instead of a rigid. Instead of pass/fail there is doing great or room for improvement. Good luck with your aspirations in 2014!
Post a Comment