Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Banned from Kindle

....until Christmas. It's a self ban. Lordy that one click easy purchase is addictive and shot my personal allowance spending to h*ll. I am chalking it up to it being a brand new item. A novelty. The kicker is that a lot of the books I bought on there were ones I used to own and had garage saled at a certain point.

I am so swamped at work these days and I don't need to be visiting literature memory lane right now. If I want to read there are lots of books for school I can use.

So tucked in my drawer my lil kindle is. And there it can remain until I have a few days off at Christmas, and hopefully Santa will bring me some better self control

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I can spend so much time on my kindle. I need to ban it also.

Tania said...

Ha. Well, it will be a good exercise on appreciating what you have, when you can use it again on Christmas! Best wishes.

Louise said...

great post title :)
I don't have one but I can imagine how tempting it would be.

Jennifer said...

I am anxiously awaiting my kindle Fire! Now you have me worried! LOL I hope Christmas brings you the calmness you need.

Rose said...

There are tons of free blogs thantoutline the free kindle books.... I always check them first if I am in a buying mood.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/ref=pd_dp_ts_kinc_1. Is the list of best sellers, including the top 100 free.

http://ireaderreview.com/#!/cover is an excellent blog for freebie deals, updates almost every day.

Suzy said...

I'm drooling over the kindle fire..I have a sony ereader but my library(ie) have pretty decent selections of ebooks and now offer them for kindle. a lot of people on a forum I frequent pay $35 for free library of philadelphia I think it's called where they get ebook access only. I still have tons of paperbacks to get through so I haven't done this yet.