Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

A survey for the ladies

Gail Vaz-Oxlade has a survey out for ladies right now. If you wish to participate, please enter the following questions into an email to getgvo@gmail.com

If you are not a Gail follower and would like to include 'referred by jolie at shakingthmoneytree.blogspot.com' in the subject line of the email I would appreciate that as there is a lil competition of sorts.

The prize is a Gail book. If I win, I will buy another copy and run a contest for my readers and mail it to you.

Of course if you are a Gail follower I expect you'll pop your own name there.

1. Do you control the purse strings when it comes to making decisions about household spending?
2. Do you have the financial “last word” on spending in your family?
3. How often do you consult your partner before making fiscal decisions? (rank out of ten, ten being all the time, 1 being never)
4. Have you set a financial goal in the last year?
5. Do you have a financial plan to achieve your goal?
6. Are you in charge of your family’s financial education?
7. Have you actually taken steps to educate your kids?
8. Do you consistently encourage your children to save money?
9. How do you prefer to get your financial information?
Newspapers
TV
Online
Blogs
Other: (what?)

10. If you do not take advantage of “financial news” sources, why not?
Lack of interest in financial news
Not relevant to my life
Boring
Too theoretical
Other: (what?)

11. How confident are you in your financial know-how? (rank out of ten, ten being extremely confident, 1 being not at all confident)
12. How old are you:
Under 20
20-30
31-40
41-50
51-60
Over 60

13. Do you have an advisor that you trust?
14. How confident do you feel that you know who to turn to for financial advice? (rank out of ten, ten being extremely confident, 1 being not at all confident)
15. Where to you live?
Canada
U.S.
Other

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I did it! I put your name even though I am a fan because, in fact, you did refer me. I hope you win her book!

Jolie said...

awwww thanks Jennifer