Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Things to be thankful for

It's only fitting on our Canadian Thanksgiving to take a bit of time over my tea this morning to reflect on what I am greatful for. Far too often we get caught up in all the crazyness of life and forget to give thanks for the little things.

So for this Thanksgiving, in no  particular, order are mine:

  • Our family is growing. Including the boyfriend/girlfriends of our post high school nieces and nephews, there are 27 of us now. We were fortunate to have all but four of them home.
  • We had a delicious supper at my mom and dad's; turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, roasted turnips and carrots, home made buns and four different kinds of my mom's homemade pies.
  • My niece travelled home from Calgary with my great nephew, just nicely out of hospital, so we could all share in his 7 week old adorablness. He goes for another round of tests Wednesday. She surprised my mom by coming home and mom cried to see her and her great grandson.
  • It was absolutely gorgeous weather yesterday. The grandsons and 3 granddaughters all tossed around the football. We sat on the patio and enjoyed conversation and beverages.
  • We curled up around the firepit outside last night. Laughter, good natured ribbing and some guitar and singing.
  • The 'gift' was located yesterday morning in DS2's closet and is no longer a part of our household.
  • I still have one more day left this weekend to relax and enjoy time with family (after a quick run to the school to get an evaluation done)
Have a great day together everyone.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy Thanksgiving! In honor of all of my Canadian friends, I will cook a Turkey on Sunday! I'm thankful for friends that I've met from blogging! Thank you for being one of them!

Maureen said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

So glad you found the gift, I was getting worried about it.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Happy (Late) thanksgiving.

Mine was uneventful but I'm glad yours was great