Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Looking over my Fall Goals

In August, I revamped my goals to meet my changing needs. The previous ones weren't fitting my comfort level and were causing me great stress.

To date, I have several of them completed, which is a great feeling.

a) Pay off the MC/Visa for this summer, the T trip and this current (and costly) week away in hotel for sports camp (Done)
b) Pay off all the back to school bills such as supplies, a few new clothes, school fees, and start up costs for their extra curricular activities (Done)
c) Max out my first ever RRSP, which is small, but a start. (Done)
d) Make the equivalent of one month's lump sum payment to Loan #1. ($448 done, $152 to go)
e) Put some money in each of the new target bars
f) If there is anything left 'extra' by the end of December then put it towards more lump sum payments.
g) newly added: set aside $200 for new clothes purchase about end of Oct. (Done)

I am close to finishing d) so that is good. It would be nice if I had that much left when I finish my 'month' this Thursday night but I have to accept that may not happen.

New Goals:
  • save $1000 for XMAS 2010
  • save $1000 for summer 2010
  • save $1500 for RRSP 2010
  • save $500 more for my Emergency Fund

I am hoping to put a total of $800 towards my new goals by Christmas. I have not yet decided if I will distribute the money equally, or if I will allocate by time deadline. Obviously the summer 2010 will have to come first.

For paycheques September to December I have $125 to play with. My two options are to put it all towards summer 2010 or to put $75 to Summer and $50 to EF.

Once January comes, I 'think' I will have about $225 to use (raise). I honestly won't know how much until that cheque comes. Then I will be dividing up the $ between all four of the targets.

I will still be whapping as much extra as I can on the lump sum payments for the consolidated loan. I positively ACHE for that one to be finished.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Great progress!

The Asian Pear said...

wow. you've done great!
good luck on your new goals!