Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Money Jars - Month 4

whoops. totally forgot to do this. This was for March/April

My budget lines for Groceries, Gas and Dining out were reduced before starting this month so I knew in advance that my snowflakes would be lesser.

Gas -I was able to save $95 of the $200 budget line, which means I saved 48% of this jar. woo hoo.

Groceries - Ohhh groceries...the bane of my budgetary existance. I struggle to cut down on this. There are tons of steps I could take but do I? nooooo. No one to blame but me. I saved $74 of this budget so that means 11.5% saved. That went to snowflake.

Spending - $50 of $120 so this allowed me to top off my $200 cap on savings surplus. That means that any surplus this month goes straight as snowflake. woo hoo. That's 42% saved.

Dining Out - always a tough one. I only had $20 of $160 left so that means I saved 12.5%

Household - I saved $35 of $120 as it was a big month for restocking personal toiletries. That means 29% is saved.

1 comment:

The Asian Pear said...

sounds like you did fabulous! you saved alot of money. good job!