Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Envy

Ok, I admit it. I'm envious. One of my colleagues and her husband are buying a new house. Brand spanking new. They have two sons in lower elementary school and have lived in an older bungalow they bought a few years ago. They were at the point of either updating the 1970s style house or putting that money to a new one and they went with the second option.

They have a gorgeous new home, all beautifully finished that they will move into this summer. 1350 square feet, finished basement. two car garage. Will they have a big mortgage? yes. Do they have other debt? student loans I think. They don't horribly mismanage their money.

I wish I could have a nice house with 3 bedrooms on one level...with a kitchen big enough for all of us to eat in at once....with more than one full bathroom.

I am very happy for them. I just wish that I could be there too. I have had house envy for a long time. Not of McMansions. I get that is not going to happen. Just a decent sized house for us.

1 comment:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Envy is fine in small doses, as long as it doesn't consume you!

I'm glad that you're envious, but realistic. It's when people get envious and start going nuts is when it's a problem