We have reached critical mass. seriously. Not talking about debt. Talking about the scale.
things need to change and change immediately in my world or I will end up dead or with a disease that permanently changes my world.
The weather has been gorgeous. warm (for SK in spring) and melty and perfect for going out to walk. Walking is about all I can really do (physically). Don't forget I gave up my gym membership as well. So walk I shall. I enjoy walking. No need for company. No need for music. Just me and the gentle sunshine and a breeze.
and a new APP
We put them on our school devices for the kids who are in a noon walking/running group so they can track how far they have gone each day/week etc. I know there are probably free apps out there that will work but I wanted one I was going to be using at school and would know how to use.
So yesterday I downloaded the Nike plus APP for my Iphone. $1.99 to my CC which I will go online and pay off (out of my spending money) as soon as it shows up on my card. It's fun to see the path I've walked. It keeps track of the distance per walk. The approximate steps. The distance. and a guestimation of calories burned based on height and weight. I don't put much stock in the calories part. They are rarely accurate. It does remind you though that whatever I walked wasn't enough to shovel in a doughnut or a chocolate bar etc.
I figure - if I bought myself a Timmys it would be $1.75. If I bought a 750ml pop at the store, it would be over $2.
If it motivates me to walk and walk and walk...then it is money well spent.
I will let ya know.
Fitness Monday
13 hours ago
6 comments:
Let us know what you think of the app. I was thinking about getting the couch to 5k one but not sure. I lack motivation!
Oh good for you! I actually have that one and a meditation one. I like the meditation one because it brings you into the present while you're walking. I also have the Couch to 5K & 10K, which are great. Once (a lot of) the snow leaves, I'm going to start the 5K one and see if I can get to 5K this year. In the meantime, I'm going to try my Nike one again. I just can't remember if you need Internet connection for that...hmmm.
You have nothing if you don't have your health, so you keep walking and enjoy...
For sure! I think it's a great purchase. Another, more expensive idea is to sign up for a walk friendly 5k. Knowing I paid for a race motivates me to train, and the race atmosphere is really fun. Just an idea. :)
I joined Spark People and Amy and I are going to start the couch to 5k soon. I too need to get this weight off. I even started up my old blog: http://www.thequestforskinnypants.wordpress.com
We can cheer each other on!
I am loving it so far. I like that I can see the route I walk, so if I deviate from the ones I usually do, I can know how far I walked, without having to drive it to gauge it. Right now my colitis will not allow me to take the time to do a 5K all at once, without being near a bathroom, just in case.
Post a Comment