The first gift I gave myself was time to read. I really want to thank Women's Money Week for such a fun week of articles on so many great topics. I've never been part of something like that before and it was great fun. I found so many new blogs to read and loved hearing your stories.
Thank you to everyone new who stopped by, and to all those who come by on a regular basis. I appreciate you in my blogging life.
This weekend was a free weekend (in more ways than one). Nowhere I had to go. Nothing I HAD to do. (OK report cards are looming but I have one more weekend so the pressure was different). We are heading into beautiful weather here and on the way home from work Friday I decided it was time to gift Jolie with some energy and some beautiful moments. (you will see how little it takes to please me. heh)
I came home from work and gifted myself with a WALK in the beautiful plus 7 C weather. It's usually really cold and snowy here right now but this winter has been very unusual. While there is snow all around it is melting. The walk was lovely. Fresh air. Sunshine. Vitamin D. ahhh
After my walk I gifted myself with an EASY SUPPER and pulled out a bunch of products from M&M (the store, not the candy) I had a bunch of things in the freezer like mozza sticks, wings, dry ribs etc. Healthy? welllllll, but convenient. While it was cooking I gifted myself with early JAMMY night. Wild hey? lol but it felt so decadent.
DS1's team is in playoffs so after supper, instead of lying on the couch, well...........couching out, I turned on the radio to listen to the coverage and gifted myself with TIME to restock and refill. You know, things like bringing TP up from the storage room and refilling the cabinets so there are no surprises. Restocking the keurig twirly rack. Tidying up the pantry and restocking canned goods from downstairs. Tidying my shelf in my room. That sort of thing. There may or may not have been wine involved in the process.
I also gifted myself with getting a bunch of loads of laundry out of the way on a Friday night. It was a great feeling to know it wasn't on the Sunday list.
Saturday was a day of more gifts. I curled up for coffee in the morning, knowing I was in no rush to go anywhere. DS1 was gone for practice. DS2 went skiing with friends all day (and THEIR parents drove. woo hoo) and DH went ice fishing. It was lovely out again so I gifted myself with THREE WALKS. It felt so good to move and to be out in the sunshine. I ran into people and had quick chats to catch up. I walked in a newer developement to get a bit of house envy then moved on. There is ice everywhere so I had to be careful or I'd have gifted myself with a broken bone.
My weight has been climbing and climbing thanks to these meds, which make me starving all the time. Honestly it's the worst it's ever been. I'm not talking those girls who are 125 and gain 7 lbs. Serious medical warnings attatched. So I gifted myself with stepping on the bathroom scale Saturday morning (can I return that gift and get store credit???), sighing, and digging out my Weight Watchers books. Time to get back at it. I gifted myself with some time at Roni's Weigh, a person with a great site on living healthy. She created Blog to Lose, as a venu for those to blog their journey towards health, just like we do for $.
In the quiet of the day I got some reading done for school.
Two games of the BRIER (curling) were on yesterday so while I puttered I watched the playoff games. The finals are on today. During the evening one I gifted myself with soaking my FEET and digging out my foot cream for a home pedicure.
Today it's time to get cracking. DS1 is back on the bus for a road trip and DS2 is having a friend who is a girl but not a girlfriend over in the afternoon.
Happy Sunday everyone!!!!
Fitness Monday
13 hours ago

5 comments:
How lovely has your weekend been?! I've really enjoyed your posts for WMW - I had no idea about it until I saw a couple of posts from several bloggers on my blog roll, then followed a link and found myself on a list! Surrounded, of course, by many phenomenal women. Not sure I belong there, but am hugely flattered and very surprised nonetheless. Hope Sunday is another lovely quiet "me" day for you! Enjoy :)
What a great way to put things in perspective,as gifts to yourself, rather than as chores and things to cross off the list. I enjoyed this post.
NLA - thanks so much. it was fun to write for it. A first for me.
Rose - Thank you so much. I am working at hard to see things as positives. I am definitely a work in progress in that regard.
I'm not on meds and my weight is going UP, UP and UP. I, too, have dragged out my Weight Watchers stuff and subscribed online. I really think I need to go back to the meetings to have it work!
Okay, I LOVE gifting myself with an early jammie night...in fact, I may have to do that tonight!
LOVE this post Jolie, Love to hear when we women finally take care of ourselves!
If people (women or men) don't take care of themselves, no one else will. That simple reality has hit home with me lately.
Post a Comment