Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tinkering

I can see already that when Sept 25 paycheck comes, I will have to have some tinkering in place for the budget. July and August's downtime will give me the chance to develop positive habits of record keeping of expenses and paperwork. It's giving me a good idea of how much I spend in each category. I have to accept that there will be a CC debt for end July/early Aug that will not get paid in full, so the Sept budget will reflect getting rid of that debt and then snowballing the rest.

I need to add a few things in.

I have not made a budget line for emergency savings.

I have not made a budget line for Christmas gifts.

I have not made a budget line for getting my hair permed/coloured.

I have not made a budget line for infrequent expenses like CAA, Costco, package policy on my van etc.

I have decided to reduce my weekly allowance and create a budget line for my perms/colouring. Since I don't use this line each month, I will have to tuck away what isn't spent and save it for when I do go.

Our contract shows an increase of 2% I believe for salary increase so offhand I'm not even sure what that means in dollars for my September cheque. My plan is to take whatever that raise is, and attach it to the debt to get rid of it faster.

We shall see what else changes. It shall be interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just started tracking expenses so that I can try to create a solid budget....I am amazed at all of the different little things that keep popping up!!! I've got way too many categories LOL I'm going to track though for 3 months and then take the averages to create the budget.