I have discovered a wonderful show on Slice TV called "Til Debt Do Us Part". It's a quick 30 minute show where a personal finance professional, comes in to the aid of families in trouble. She comes in for a month, visits once each week and goes through their finances and spending.
Each week there is a challenge the couple must do to work together and dig their way out of financial difficulty as well as become a more communicative couple.
She takes away their debit and credit cards, and divides their flexible expenses into jars of cash, labelled with the amout per jar and category. They have a log to write down each expense.
At the end of four weeks, if they have completed all the tasks she gives them, she will give them $5000 to use towards their debt.
It has been very informative to see what situations other couples get into and how they work to get out of it.
I love that she doesn't come in and do it all for them, but rather teaches them skills to better themselves financially.
What I would like to see is follow ups of the couples after six months or after a year to see where they went in their debt repayment.
I see things in these couples that I recognize in myself. It's a good awareness.
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment