Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2008

Keep the change

Today I delved into the change jar to wrap a bit. I've always loved doing this, even as a child. When the loonie first came out in Canada, I kept each one I got as change in a big bottle and used that money to buy my wedding dress. That was one of the best long term savings I've ever done.

The change doesn't add up as fast as it used to. Not as much of it with the debit card usage going up, and using my change for coffee or such.

Nevertheless, I welcomed the familiar comfort feeling of rolling. There wasn't a ton of it. Around $50 to be precise. It's all tucked away in a drawer. I'll do another rolling in a few months, hoping to get around $100 total and then I can take that to the bank and put a lump sum payment.

It won't rock the world nor wipe out the debt, but it will be a good habit, a good feeling and a baby step in the right direction.

No comments: