Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

Finally Pay Day

I can't believe a month has gone by already since I started with this 'beginning budget' and my plan to get my spending under control and get myself on the right track to get out of debt.

As the bills for the month start to come in I can see where the money went and how well I did.

This next month will be a big expense as my son and I have a trip to a city with food and hotel costs coming in close to $1500. My MC will take a hit but my goal is to have the balance of that paid off by end of October. The downfall of starting budget in July is that there isn't money set aside for this big of an expense this soon. The positive to starting in July is that I have a year to get ready for a similar expense for next summer and I can start to save.

My salary is actually over 10 months. I don't get paid for the summer 'off'. We have a lovely option with our workplace though that allows us to take smaller cheques in the main 10 months so that we can have a 'regular' cheque over July and August. I'd never be able to set aside the money to do so otherwise and then the bills would not get paid. I am so thankful for that 12 month option. The bonus of the July and Aug cheques is that the regular year long deductions are not taken off so these cheques are actually higher by about $500ish. This money I will put towards some of the city costs. That will definitely help.

I will get a pay raise for September but until the pay stub comes, it mostly is guesswork on how much my net pay will go up.

I always have a ton of enthusiasmfor budgetting on pay day as there is money and I can see the light. By the third week into the month with the main bills all paid off, there is little to do but try not to spend. Once a month paydays feels like forever til the next one.

No comments: