Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Small changes

With each payday,until January, I have $125 to target towards my savings. As yesterday was payday, I snuck off tonight to the ATM to put money into my savings account there.

I allotted $75 to my summer 2010 account, which brings it up to $550. Just a bit over halfway to that goal.

I also allotted $50 towards my Efund. It is now at $1100 and my new goal for that is $1500. Sure that won't go far in a real emergency but I find that with a smaller target to get to, it doesn't feel so insurmountable. When I hit $1500, I will re-evaluate my budget and then up the target to $2000. baby steps.

The summer 2010 is fully funded in April at the current rate. It's still before the deadline of 'summer' so I would consider that a success.

I still, however, want to to RRSP contributions as well as xmas 2010 so I am not sure how that will all pan out.

No comments: