laundry load of DS2's clotheslaundry load of DS1's clotheslaundry load of my clotheslaundry load of towels etcchickens popped in oven for roastingrun to ATM to pick up cash for week's jars - lock and load the jarsfill up vehicleplan menu list for the weekgrocery runcook up 2 family packs of lean ground beef for staff lunch this week. Another lady is using it to make the lasagnahead to the school for about 3 hours of work(only 2.5 til the tooth emergency)pay bills onlineupdate wall calendar and my iphone calendar with events and meetings for the week- update my teacher page for school webpage
get Sunday Night Chit Chat blog readymake bread in machine- go over budget for month, making sure I have enough for upcoming annual expenses (tabled til I get the tooth bill)
update boys' expense book- bake muffins for school lunches
Not Much Working Out Monday
3 hours ago
10 comments:
Oh is THAT all?
I'm curious about how you prepare the ground beef. I am a TOTAL amateur at cooking so forgive me if my question is pretty silly ... but how do you go about preparing meat days in advance, and how are you seasoning it exactly?
Do you chop up onions and mix it in with the ground beef before frying? What type of seasoning do you use, if any? Once it's scramble fried, do you have to drain off anything? And then how do you package it, in containers or freezer bags? Do you store in fridge or freezer?
See, I told you I'm a total novice when it comes to cooking,I know that the answers are probably obvious (haha).
Good luck on your to-do list, it's intimidating to me and I'm only reading about it, not having to actually do it!
I cook it up in the frying pan, draining grease as I go. I have very finely bits of chopped onion (I loathe onion chunks) and some minced garlic. I go easy on the garlic as this is for a bunch of other folk outside of the money tree family.
When it's done cooking I blot out all the extra grease with papertowels. Since it's not being used til later in the week I will freeze it. On it goes in thin layers on a cookie sheet or three. It gets popped in the freezer for about an hour. Since it's cold here, my garage floor works well too :P just covered up so nothing gets in it or at it. The frozen ground beef can be broken back apart and popped into freezer bags in 2 cup amounts.
In the freezer it goes until I need it for lasagna, spaghetti sauce, tacos, hamburger soup etc. Saves a ton of time when I am flying home and need to make meals quickly.
My mama showed me how :-)
I'm glad I asked! I never would have known about freezing it flat on the cookie sheet!! Funny, I have frozen fruit that way (before popping them into freezer bags) but it didn't occur to me to do that with ground beef as well.
You learn something every day :) (or at least I do).
Jolie, I have heard this idea before, but never tried it. A question for you, do you use ground beef that is fresh?
Rose - yup. just cooks better I think and having that fresh beef in the fridge reminds me to get it done in a timely manner.
Jolie, you're making me tired just looking at the list. My plans for today? Attempt to finish some work for work( and I think it just may push me over the edge), have supper at my mom's and watch DD make a lemon pie from scratch...
It never ends does it?! lol!
Makes me think that my lazy day reading was not a good idea when I see what could be achieved.
My hat's off to you ....
You totally kicked butt even with that minor setback! Way to go!
Post a Comment