I've been ruminating over where to go next for my goals. In the nights were the meds don't let me sleep, I go over different scenarios in my mind to see what is achievable and which one speaks to me the most. I am pleased I was able to get two goals out of the way during January. I know my goals are ambitious and I know they are not all achievable without some serious money management, huge self control and a whole bunch of fingers and toes crossed that nothing goes wrong.
My next savings goal would be to save, along with my son, for his vehicle plates (insurance) due the middle of July. That amount is $800 on my part, $300 on his. He is only able to work one night a week right now so there is only so much earning money in the pot. It gnaws at my stomach that I need to make sure I save enough for this.
Or I could choose to get the $1500 for Back to School. With school fees, staff fees, a few new clothes for ever growing boys, a few things for the classroom, school supplies, replacement hockey gear and such, it adds up quickly. Having that money in place is a huge relief off my mind. I'd need that money by the end of July. It's not like this needed money is a surprise....I know the bills are inevitable.
OR I could focus on that pesky LOC I didn't want to use but used. I dislike owing money. I dislike paying interest each month. It would be great to be able to say "I have access to a $15000 LOC but Zippity Doo Dah Owing.
OR, I could focus on my Vehicle Loan. It's within sight to be done this calendar year if I just run the course naturally with monthly payments. But stepping things up and redirecting 'savings' money to that could finish it off much sooner and wouldn't that be nice?
Or I could save for a trip. Take the boys. Go somewhere. LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH with them before they are gone. I want (need) time away. somewhere. anywhere. Doesn't have to be fancy. I am not a fancy person.
So as they say on House Hunters........................................... so which one did she choose?
stay tuned til tomorrow to find out :-)
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
3 comments:
Congrats on the two goals completed! My goals are to pay off my credit card before my birthday, and to start rebuilding savings. I too need a getaway - I'm tired!!
Hmmmmm I will go with the $800 for your son's vehicle plates followed by the Back to School. Or maybe the holiday...oh jeez...
I like how you save for one thing at a time. Me, I save a bit each month for each goal so it takes the whole year to reach all of the goals. It's such a habit for me though, I don't think I could change it up.
I'm like Jane in that I save for everything at the same time, so I don't see the same progress as you. I admire your "stick-to-it-ivness" that gets you one goal at a time. I'm curious to see which one you chose! I'm generally right on House Hunters, but there's too many to choose from - all with excellent potential - for me. :P
Post a Comment