Seems to be the theme for many a blogger today.
for me?
well I just got a call at the school from home.
DS2 snapped his front tooth off about half way down. This tooth is one he snapped off in Grade...2 at school. We took him to the dentist then and they molded and reattached the piece that was broken to the rest of the tooth. It's been good for about 7 years now.
So tomorrow morning I will take him to our dentist at 8 AM when they open. Will they have room for him? who knows. They are ridiculously hard to get into. You call Monday at 8 AM and they only will book for that week. So usually I call and they say 'oh we're booked. Try again next Monday'. lather, rinse, repeat. It's beyond annoying. It will be a littler harder for them to say that to me with the boy standing there with me. with his tooth in a baggie. Hopefully they can squeeze him in.
Scary part - we don't know if they can attach/build up the tooth again or if he will need a permanent cap.
Read $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Scarier part - DH's medical still hasn't kicked in for his new job. He's not done his 90 days trial yet. March 12th I think. I have no clue what my insurance will cover. This could be from $100 to a couple thousand. I have no clue. New territory for me.
sigh - sometimes I feel like I can't get ahead no matter how hard I try. it's always something.
I guess that is what life is though - always something.
So no band for the boy for at least a week. He's supposed to curl this week in a 2 day tournament so we shall have to see if he is going to be able to do that. I wonder if I can get the appt scheduled around that so he doesn't miss.
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
8 comments:
UGH....dental emergencies stink. Sassy broke her tooth at camp last summer, and our insurance only covered a small part of it.
Hope you can get in tomorrow!!!
Aww, poor kid! Hope everything works out!!
Oh yikes! Fingers crossed everything works out for you tomorrow!
I remember when my Son did this, but his was over a girl and he must have been all of 10
I did the same thing - very embarrassing as I was an adult and tripped and fell! Like your son's, it held together for many years but then came loose when I was out for lunch (embarrassment #2). Luckily the dentist took me right in- it was very embarrassing otherwise for an adult to be missing most of a tooth!
Luckily most of my crown was covered by insurance. My insurance is similar to 'teacher's' dental - so I'll cross my fingers that you are covered on this!
Poor kid. I had to have a cap out on last year and it ran about $500 after my insurance kicked in. I really hope your sons is cheaper and they can get you in.
Ohhh! Hope it's not too distressing for you or son, good luck tomorrow....and as a fellow teacher, if your dental benefits are anything like our in BC, work is limited to once per tooth per lifetime. I have a tooth that I had a root canal on about ten years ago, something is not going well for it, and it is approx. $1200 minimum to get it fixed. :( Gotta pay off DD1s braces first...
Oh no!! Sure hope your dentist can fit him in...he's not going to want to go to school with half a tooth missing! One of my front teeth has a little chip that is starting to become a little vertical crack - I see a cap in my future too! Crap!
Post a Comment