Pages

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Awards

I've been a blessed lil blogger lately and have many folks thinking about me (thinking good things mostly, I hope :-)


I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger award  by B-Kat  at Slay the Monster who recently did indeed valiantly slay her monster and is now debt free!!! She is at that exciting phase of planned spending and saving and has created some amazingly positive financial habits for herself. Good job B-Kat! and thank you for thinking of me. I was also tagged for this by another blogger and for the life of me I can't remember who. I discovered it by reading their blog and swore I'd remember. Man I am getting old. If it was you, please let me know so I can credit  you properly.


Part of the versatile blogger award is to reveal 7 things about me that my readers do not know.

hmmmmm

1) I believe in Cart Karma. I believe that if you do not put your cart away in a parking lot, the cart gods will come and find you, and scratch or dent your vehicle. I always put my cart away (and sometimes an extra one) and add a good favour to my Cart Karma Bank!

2) I have gone and met folk from the internet. Twice I've flown places and once I drove to another city. Very exhilarating experiences. The flight ones are obviously from a time when I did not budget or watch my spending as they went on the CC.

3) I lost 2 babies before I had my boys. While it was too soon to tell, I believe they were both girls.

4) I would rather curl up at home alone with a meal and a good book than go out to a restaurant with a large group of people.

5) I weep when I go by smaller towns where businesses are closing up, houses boarded and schools closed.

6) I always whisper "I'm sorry" when I go by hitch hikers. It's just not safe to stop but I really feel badly that I do not.

7) When visiting a new city I always check the phonebook for my maiden name. It's rather unique and our branch is pretty darn small so I always find it fun  to see if there are more of us elsewhere.




Also, while checking my stat counter page I found someone had visited from a blog I did not recognize. I clicked on the link to explore. I've found some great blogs out there this way!! I was so surprised to find myself linked on this blog for a different award. I was so honoured and touched.  A big shout out to Chez at Monarch Place, for giving me the Liebster Award. She's based out of Australia. Thanks Chez.


Whether you are a new reader or a longtime one, I wanted to thank you for coming by my corner of the blogosphere to share in my journey, and letting me share in yours.

5 comments:

its me, sam said...

Joile, I do the same thing with the phone book, check to see if there is someone with the same last name! I have yet to find anyone else that the family doesn't know of!

Sharon said...

I like to search for different blogs that way too!

You are such a sweetie...feeling bad for not picking up a hitch hiker? Wow! You have a BIG heart! :)!

Jane said...

#4 is so ME TOO! A quiet nook and a great book - what could be better than that?? Congrats on the awards and funny you had to find out about the one by clinking on a link lol!

Cash Only Living said...

Congrats on the blog nomination! And we have a few thngs in common, namely meeting up with people we met online (fascinating) and whispering a prayer for the homeless we pass. Great post!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards and nominations! I feel the same way driving through our small town or those close to us, I support as many small businesses as I can. I always feel bad driving by hitchikers, my husband is glad I stay safe. As for keeping up with the household stuff, I like Flylady.net be sure to check it out. I love your blog it makes me think I can someday be debt free too, and I have two boys too, now in college. Enjoy their great company while they are home! Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!