Well this blizzard rages on. There have been all sorts of fender benders and a few slamming into lightposts, bringing the light standards down across the road. My friend brought her son in for hockey camp. She lives just a few KM outside of town. She hit the ditch twice on the way home. Safe and sound thank goodness.
DS1 is back at a different hockey camp (same was friend's son) than he was the previous two days. DS2 is home from an overnighter at a friend's house.
I was mock domestic goddess today, baking bread (machine), made muffins and cookies and did a bit of batch cooking for a few meals in the weeks to come.
Tonight marks the end of Week 2 on the jars. I had a fairly money quiet week; surprising given I was offwork and the money seems to slip out faster on those weeks. if I count purely the money I popped into the jars for Week 2 (and not anything leftover last week), I managed to save 32% of the jar money this week!
I am building a nice lil carryover amount in the jars, which is great because I know things will come along to eat away at that money. Literally eat away as my pantry and freezer stores slowly go down and I will need to buy some meat and produce for the coming week.
The past 9 months or so, I often would take the leftover weeky jar money and call it a snowflake and whap it down on a savings or debt target. I am holding back on that this time, though it's very tempting indeed to take it and go to the bank. I am not sure how much of a carryover I will let myself keep, if that trend continues. The budget gets modified again in June as I should be ready at that point to begin lump sum payments on the vehicle loan.
Well Happy Friday to you all, no matter what your weather may be.
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
2 comments:
My brain can't even compute this whole blizzard business! That's just nuts. And makes me feel bad for whining that's it's cold and wet here.. at least it's not snowing though, I'm sorry you're having to deal with that.
Good job with the jars though, that's fantastic to have saved over 30%! I think saving some of the 'snowflakes' to use as a cushion is a good idea, like you said you never know when you'll run out of something or an expense will creep up!
Have a great weekend!
Thanks so much!! It's great weather LOL. not. Have a good weekend as well.
Post a Comment