While it's not the 28C that some of southern Ontario is getting, it's still lovely weather for this Easter weekend. It's a very breezy 13C here and I am very appreciative for it. So often on our long weekends, we get bizarre weather. I once went camping on a May long weekend where it went from about 15C to a tornado, then snow and then pouring rain. Thank god for Baileys!!
It's still just me and DS2 here. DS1 is doing very well at his hockey camp and they won't be home until late tonight. I am glad he's doing well but if he does 'very' well it could mean he lives elsewhere this coming school year while he plays. Not sure mama can handle the separation :-)
We had a fantastic supper at my mom and dad's last night. Turkey, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, baked ham, marinated salad, caesar salad, homemade buns and homemade pies for dessert. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bloating :-) I went over and picked up some leftovers today and DS2 and I feasted again. There were 13 of us for supper which may seem like a lot, but with 8 missing, it did feel a bit odd. I'm grateful for those I got to see, particulary my niece, who is expecting her first. ahhhhh the sweet ignorance of a first timer lol
I forgot about getting Easter candy, or adding that to the budget. I slipped off this morning to pick up a few things. At 15 and 13, my children are a little over the Easter Bunny, but I still like to get them a lil something. It had to come out of the grocery budget so I will have to watch spending this week.
I have to smile. Our next door neighbour is a bit of an.................outdoor decorator you might say. Always has tons of flowers in the summer, decorates to the max at XMAS etc. Makes our lil wee house look sad in comparison. She has a massive inflatable Easter Bunny and Egg outside. I can't tell you how many folks have stopped....who walk by with their kids so they can see it. Right now there is an older gentleman out on the street taking a picture. It may seem a bit corny or cheesy to have a 15 foot inflatable bunny out there, and it scares the crap out of my cats.....but it sure gives people of all ages a little smile.
Time to figure out what DS2 wants for supper. It's nice to prepare things that he likes that perhaps brother and father do not.
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment