It's tough to reflect on a year when the events of the past couple weeks have definitely shaped my view on things.
Family
We had some great milestones with our immediate family this year.
DS2 graduated from his college and had his diploma in environmental law. He spent the summer exploring law enforcement and did a great job, but he's not sure if it is for him. He is currently figuring things out.
DS1 's highlight was heading to the National Finals for his hockey. We played in an amazing championship game, saw a gorgeous city for the first time and looked on proudly as he played in front of about 20,000 people. It was a once in a lifetime experience.
Travel
We dabbled our toes in a new city with our April trip to Chicago. We did well maneuvering a new airport, new city, new methods of transportation. We had lovely weather and some great dining experiences. In October we did our last family weekend at my son's college. Each time we go to his city we see new things and I am sad that our time in that beautiful place is only months away from ending.
Money
Money held steady for the most part. Mortgage went down. LOC went up. I stayed CC debt free. I met most of my goals but not quite all of them. My good habits are deeply ingrained. I hope to continue to grow those good habits next year, but moreso, I hope that they can help plan for some life experience
Health
My colitis continued to wreak havoc on my world. Limiting my outings. Exhausting me body and soul. Often coming close to breaking my spirit. I am now on monthly infusions instead of bimonthly. For the first time I was given a receipt for this and each one rings it at $3478. I think it is helping but I am not sure yet. I still have to be very careful and preplan any outings around my food intake and my bathroom needs.
Ancestry
I had a great time on ancestry.ca this summer. I found new family connections, some closely related and some farther away. We met one of my first cousins for the first time. It made my mom's summer to meet a long lost nephew.
Weight
I believe last year was one of the first in a long time where I did not set a weight goal. Ironically, I woke up one day in August and said 'this is it' and started on a journey of weight loss that is still continuing. I have blogged about it at Jolie - a year from now . It's not a very exciting blog by any means, but it helps keep me on track to some extent. I am so lucky to have some great readers who encourage me on. You mean a lot to me. Thank you.
PS - I lost 31 lbs in 2017
Reading
I tried an alphabet game to make my reading more interesting, but it didn't do all that well to be honest. I need to bring more reading into my world again.
To sum things up, it was a year with some highs and some lows and a lot of flat in between.
I know 2018 is going to bring in some serious sadness. I hope I can find lots of good moments in between those to help get me through.
Not Much Working Out Monday
3 hours ago
2 comments:
Every year has its ups and downs - we just hope that there are more ups than downs. My year was fairly calm except for my aborted trip to Scotland. Will try it again this year :) I'm glad you're loving ancestry.ca - I love it too and made some significant progress on the family tree this year. I feel optimistic about next year, but then I always do!
I know you will have some tough moments, but cling to those who are there for you to get you through to find joy again. Make sure you make time, even on your high care days, for some time to just think about yourself and your needs.
Post a Comment