Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

RRSP Update

I received my quarterly statement for my RRSPs this week.

When last I wrote about this I had received my April statement saying that I was sitting at $8414 and had had an increase in the value of my portfolio.

As of this statement, I am now sitting at a value of $8622, which gives me an increase of $208 over the past three months. 

I am looking forward to seeing this value be at $10 000, which it should be if I put $1500 in before December 31st. 

All sounds great, however I have not yet started saving that $1500.  Once I get DS down to college and start to see how all the money issues work out, then I can get started on a solid plan.

I opened my plan in Feb of 2010 and it is a mix of bonds and equity. While $10 000 isn't much when I read of the RRSP/401K plans of others, I am glad I at least started. Better late than never, but to those young'uns out there.......earlier is much, much better.


3 comments:

Tania said...

Haha, good advice. I think that starting one is key... even if the contribution is minimal. At least put something there and forget about it. Nice growth on yours! Mine has been pretty stagnant ALL year, and it's mostly stocks.

Jane said...

Yes, I keep telling my daughter just to start putting in $25 a week; at her age she'd be rich by the time she retires. But does she listen???

The Asian Pear said...

Savings is savings. That's the truth.

My RRSPs are all scattered with different banks in different accounts. I haven't taken a look in awhile as it's all automatically deducted and deposited into a savings account by my workplace now. Makes things easier for me. If I don't see it, I don't spend it. ;)