Last summer on my to do list was taking care of DS2's passport for his trip to Greece in Spring of 2015. I was on it! I got pictures done and everything. And then it just never happened. No clue why. I am guessing my friends laziness and procrastination.
Enter this summer and my registering him for his trip and we get to the "Does this traveller have their passport yet?"
ohhhhh right. I really should get on that. But I have until April of next year. No worries.
Then came his revelation that he would like to come down with me when we go to get DS1 settled in college. Yeah a passport would definitely come in handy for that. We are driving down.
So while he was home 2 weekends ago for a family wedding I sent him to get passport pictures done. His pics from last year were expired. Cost $15.
We filled in the documents and got him to sign everything while he was home, and then off again he went. We have a local office we can take it into but the wait list is 6-8 for the passport to come that way.
So off to the city I went where they get processed much faster.
You can get a 5 year or a 10 year passport. 5 Years would get DS2 through High School and his 4 years of schooling so I went with that. Cost $125
It should be here in 2 weeks, so plenty of time before we go. *knock on wood*
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
1 comment:
Passports usually are done pretty quickly. They say 2 weeks but normally I've picked them as early as 10 days. I need to also renew my passport sometime soon as it ends next summer. I'll be choosing the 10 year passport too. Much less of a pain.
Post a Comment