skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Happy Blogoversary to me
Somehow my fifth anniversary got away from me last year, but I remembered this year.
It's my blogoversary!! Six years ago I started on this amazing journey of money awareness. It has brought me untold wealth of the non monetary kind.
I had spent 6 months getting ready for this, maybe even 8. Reading blog after blog, books, watching Til Debt Do Us Part before I took this leap.
The Money Tree blog was not created to become a big money making, internationally known venue. That is great for some but it wasn't the path I wanted. It was just for me to start to organize my thoughts, to plan, to become visually accountable.
My first comment on here made me silly giddy. I have to admit it was a bit of a rush. I was so honoured that someone with an established blog, deigned to notice mine.
My journey has been a process of learning experiences and awarenesses.
I undoubtedly made choices that others would not, but that is where the personalization comes from.
My visits to others blogs have opened me up to so many different lifestyles and viewpoints on money. Thank you for writing.
Those who visit my site and comment have given me gifts of their time and insights and supports, or things to ponder. Thank you for reading.
One of my favourite posts from that first month of blogging is This One. It wasn't my very first, but it was an important step in my journey. It was where I really started to look at things: bills, money, distribution......and start to become aware of how much I had, and where I needed/wanted that money to go.
Starting is the biggest step for most of us. It moves us from wishing or hoping or dreaming, to actuality...to the learning. It's a scary step because we are going to learn things about ourselves and our lives, that we may not be ready to learn.
My first year blogoversary post really showed the evolution of my thoughts. Feel free to read it Here, if you like. If you are beginning your money awareness journey, the collection of my thoughts may help you frame your own path. Or not :-)
While I am not American, I see July 4th as my own Independence Day. It reminds me of the day I started to believe I have a lot of control over my money destiny.
I hope you all have a wonderful day. Thank you for being a part of my journey.
10 comments:
Time flies when your having fun eh? Six years goes so fast!
It sure does Sam. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me!
Dear Jolie
Happy blogoversary. I have been lurking in the shadows for the past few years, faithfully reading your blog and cheering you on. You have taught me a lot and I want to say thank you.
Best wishes from a fellow teacher from Denmark
Happy Anniversary Jolie! Great blog...
Happy blogoversary! I love reading your blog and watching your journey.
happy blogaversary Jolie! six years has gone so quickly, here's to another six!
Rikke, thanks so much for reading all these years!
T'Pol - thanks so much. enjoy your vacation.
ND - love reading yours too :-)
Louise - so good to hear from you. sorry to hear about your blog.
Happy blogversary!!
Happy 6th blogiversary!
Life is a process and a journey and all that.
Blogs are nice to have to look back at how far we have come, especially when we don't seem to see an progress.
Kudos to you....
Happy Blogoversary! Your blog has been such a big help :) Continued success!
Post a Comment