So as much as I hate to admit it, summer is over. The air has changed just as quickly as the leaves.
September has always been my "holy crap winter's almost here...get outside and savour every single moment of fresh air and sunshine before you get frostbite" month. My last chance month.
I was going through my summer spending money to see how I spent my $1000 I had saved up for summer spending. I would have to say I did very much.
The money is designed to give me the financial flexibility to go on short jaunts or provide opportunities for fun for the boys. A boost, if you will.
I spent it in a variety of ways. I used a bit for my And I ran, ran so far away, two day jaunt. I used some of it to send my boys golfing a few times with their friends and cousins. $70 went for a season pass to get into SK provincial parks. I used it a couple times but DS1 used it far more when he went out to visit his cousin and my oldest sister. I used a wee bit towards the containers for the cabinets I bought for downstairs. Some went to DS1 for gas when he went camping with some of my family. The bulk of it went for our August long weekend camping trip. Gas for the boys get to get up to our camping. Groceries for our portion of the meals. Snacks and drinks for the weekend. $ to contribute towards gas for the boats (my two brother in laws) .
It was all money well spent and I am so glad I had it saved up. The best part of all was that I only used $800 of it!! Yes, that's right, I still had $200 of it left. The memories the money helped create were wonderful. So was the money leftover :-)
That money is heading towards Mr Line of Credit to whack him down at the knees and gives some momentum towards changing my LOC numbers for Oct 5 'where the money stands'.
Not Much Working Out Monday
3 hours ago
4 comments:
That's great that you were under budget! Makes a great dent to the debt!
Wow - under budget? Music to my ears! Great job jolie!
Fantastic job coming in under budget!!! Sounds like you had a great summer as well. Nice work!
NICE!!!! Here's to being under budget!!!!
Post a Comment