So everything in the picture below I paid approximately $11 for.
I have:
- tostitos
- nesquick
- fibre 1
- pringles
- doritos
- tampons
- shower puff
- cat food
- mousse
- gel
- tylenol
- yogurt
- foundation
- lipstick
- carmex ip medication
- Cold tablets
- coke Zero
Emergency Fund 2021 (TFSA): $1000
Current Balance: $0 saved
Summer 2021: $1000
Current Balance: $1000 saved
Christmas 2021: $1500
Current Balance: $0 saved
Back to School 2021: $500
Current Balance: $500 saved
RRSP 2020: $2000
Current Balance: $1200 saved
14 comments:
Wow, 50,000 points. Great job! (I may be understanding that wrong, but did those thing cost $110 combined?)
Wow great job! I love it when people get a whole bunch of groceries for nearly free!
COL -thanks. it's always fun.
Tanner - the total cost would have been $121 ish. I paid $11.
Wow...what a great haul!
YAY! i love their points days. I usually save up for Christmas stocking stuffers, but my girlfriend and I splurged last spring and bought ourselves $200 in free makeup, LOL!
I redeemed my points for the first time, and I had 95,000 to redeem so I got $220 this weekend :) I was inordinately excited by the stash I got-stocked up on toiletries for me and DH, new hair dryer for me, stocking stuffers and books for my nieces and nephews for Christmas, pop, Advil for the litte man (teething sucks!) and a trashy magazine for me too-a girl has to treat herself once in a while :) Your stash looks fabulous!
Yeah for free stuff! And, I agree with you that $110 for that stuff seems really expensive.
It's amazing how that stuff all added up to $110. Money flies out of our pockets so quickly! EArning points is great -- it's great you do that, but it sucks that $110 didn't buy you a whole lot more!
Holy cow! That's amazing! I'm wondering why I didn't take advantage of that!?!
Nice! I missed that weekend! This weekend Shopper's has a nice special as well :)
I use Shoppers primarily for make up (so I don't have to go ALL the way to Sephora) and late night emergencies (like Tampons!) Getting things on events like "20X the points on make up" really add up :) I can't wait to max out my points, wait for a weekend like yours and go on a make up shopping spree!
I can't believe you only paid $11 for that... In two ways:
1 - Can't believe you've saved up enough points again! Good for you. Great haul!
2 - That's $110 already?!? O_O? I guess you do have medication that drives stuff up. But dang! Things add up fast. O_O;
I tend to only shop the sale items, as that brings their price down comparable to say, Walmart. I shop on 20x points kinds of weekends. That builds the points quicker without paying the price inflation there. It's fun though.
Wow! That's great! Do you use all of those items? I find that sometimes when I'm offered free stuff I don't really use it but if you do then it leads to major savings. Couponing and looking for deals is insurance for your budget.
Jerry - those are the items I chose. You can spend your point dollars on whatever items you wish when you redeem.
Post a Comment