Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Signs summer is officially over

(oh boy, a bullet post!)

Sure I can check the calendar to see the date, but really, I don't think I need to. Just by things happening around me, I know that summer is definitely over.

  • I slept with the window closed the other night. It was chilly. Actually I went to sleep with it open but sometime during the night DH closed it because he was cold. I woke up to a stuffy room and opened it again :-)
  • The leaves are changing on our tree in the backyard. It's the only one around here that goes red instead of yellow/orange
  • I watched the labour day classic football game between the Riders and the Blue Bombers. We won!
  • I spent the long weekend at the rink. Hockey season has begun again. DS1 had his camp and did very well. We are hoping to sign papers soon and officially begin his Junior level year. I went in flip flops. Take that, ice cold rink!!! You're not the boss of me. (my feet were so cold when I got home LOL)
  • The boys opened their school supplies and got their binders ready. They won't let me write their names on things anymore. Apparently that isn't cool in Grade 12 and 10.  Killjoys!!!
  • My mom made a batch of beet pickles. Hate the taste of them but love the smell of them in the pickling mix and how pretty they look in the jars. Same with mustard bean pickles
  • The geese are meeting up and discussing their plans.
  • I could have worn a jacket when I went for a walk this morning. I didn't, because I am a rebel, but I could have. Was cool :-)
  • My female maine coone kitty is snuggling up  in bed with us again. She hates to be cold.
  • My back to school savings account is dwindling
  • I am not enjoying a leisurely cup of coffee while writing this for you as I have already left for work after having had my final 'back to school' nightmare.







6 comments:

Rose said...

My first day back at it too. The nerves are secondary to trying to get little ones out the door on time today, lol!

its me, sam said...

Jolie, I was walking this morning and I could smell fall in the air... Love it!

The Asian Pear said...

It's colder for us at night but the days are still relatively hot at about 30C right now. Today is a downpour though. Humid and wet with 33C in Toronto. YUCK.

Tania said...

I am also enjoying this cooler weather. I'm a lot more of a cool weather person than warm weather. Definitely not a fan of the heat and humidity!

jpkittie said...

I LOVE the signs of fall!!!!! so happy!!!

Jennifer said...

Please, please send it to Texas! We are still in the 100F days. It feels like it will never end.

I look outside and WANT it to be cool, but alas - it is not.