Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

You know summer is coming to an end when...

  • it's getting dark just a bit earlier than a week or two ago
  • there is dew on the vehicle windows in the morning and all over the grass when I get up at 4 AM to let the cats in/out
  • the squirrels that live in the tree in the backyard and chattier than usual
  • a few leaves in the trees are less green and more........yellow
  • I am spending a couple hours  a day at the school............and I am not alone
  • Staples had it's Teacher Appreciation Day  this week. (and while I very much appreciate being appreciated....the 'treat' bags had 2 small crayons, four mini pencil crayons and a whole bunch of paper promos for products. It really was a waste of packaging. Poor trees)
  • Jiminy the Cricket is back under my bedroom window, singing away happily almost 24 hours a day. I actually enjoy him. Such an enthusiastic late summer member of our family.
  • I feel like I need to squeeze out every walk I cabn before it's cold
  • picking raspberries and saskatoon berries is almost over
  • lots of fresh carrots and peas, cucumbers and potatoes from the farm.
  • the crockpot has come out again
  • Hockey tryouts begin. Nothing like curling back up in a chilly rink to remind you the hot days are over.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh crap I had blocked out hockey season...and she needs new skates


Judy

Sharon said...

Jolie! I was just saying yesterday that I felt like we didn't have a summer. July was scorchingly hot and we didn't do too much outside, and now August is flying by! I don't want school to start, I want to hold on to summer!

Jennifer said...

That sounds wonderful! I can almost smell it...

If you miss summer though - we are still in the throws of it until October! Come on down!

~Carla~ said...

Great post... gonna miss summer! *sigh*

The Asian Pear said...

I can't wait for the fall. I love the fall. Everything just feels fesh and crisp. Even as a kid, I couldn't wait for September, it always felt like a brand new start.

Jane said...

You missed one thing - "you start dreaming about the classroom again"! Actually I had a few dreams in July too lol!