January is flying by. I can't believe it. I am two weeks into this new budget of 'mostly cash' and it seems to be going alright. When each week is done, I transfer any money left from the jar into a surplus envelope, knowing that things like groceries etc fluctutate from week to week and I may need more one week than another. I have jotted the amounts for each week down before sliding it into the envelope.
It feels very very odd to have that much cash around. In fact it just feels odd to have money left from the amounts I budgeted. I know I'm still in the honeymoon phase and things are new and fun. I've been doing a lot of cooking from pantry and freezer so my numbers are lower for groceries this week. That will balance off as I get a regular menu and shopping pattern down.
On the bright note, the Mastercard payment finally showed up online and if...IF I am a very good girl for the next two weeks, and really watch my expenses, I could conceivably have my Mastercard paid off before the next paycheque at the end of the month.
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
6 comments:
Yay! Good news about the mastercard payoff....I'm cheering for you :-)
Aww thanks Money Minder!
I glad you are having fun with the new system! We will enjoy the journey to debt-freedom!
Good job using things from the pantry and freezer. I sometimes struggle with using what I have instead of buying something else.
Looks like it's really working out great for you!!
Fabulously Broke in the City
Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver...
good for you! that is fantastic! I hope you like your cash system... I know that I am loving mine!!!!
It's going well but it's early. I haven't had an away trip for hockey. I haven't had any of the big 'once a year' bills come due. There's been no surprises thus far.
They will come. I have a lot of kinks to work out and once I have the Mastercard and the Bank of Mom loan paid, I need to figure out how to accomodate things like clothing, non christmas gifts, camping this summer, etc.
I appreciate the support. It really means a lot!
Post a Comment