Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

Bye Bye Balance

It seems like just yesterday, or rather October, that I uttered these words: "I no longer have a credit card balance". October 25th to be precise. I celebrated. I rejoiced. Perhaps even a wee bit of gloating. And then the following month I had a five day away in the city for my son's hockey and BOOM it was on again.

But now... "I no longer have a credit card balance" . wheee

I am not going to be so cocky and arrogant this time as to think I am immune to a future balance. That is tempting fate far far too much in the face and she'll get me my pretty, and my lil dog too!!

I will stick to my cash for the next two months and see how that experiment goes.

The nice thing about it is I can whap anything left from my grocery jar onto my Bank of Mom Loan, and then all the money set aside for the snowball debt this month, goes onto this. ($400 I think. I still have to do the math).

It is a good feeling, but this budgeting is still new to me and there are many many hurdles, seen and unseen, coming at me this year.

Happy Friday

3 comments:

RTC said...

I understand not wanting to feel over-confident. I think you have a good plan that you can keep up.

jpkittie said...

you are doing great --- sometimes it is just much easier to put things onto a credit card... the key is moderation - can you pay it off in a month or two? if yes, that is not bad... it is only a couple of months, not bad at all! don't beat yourself up over it.

I obviously cannot be left alone with a credit card, even in my own home ;)

Jolie said...

It's paid off. done. gone. wheee.

Next then is the Bank of Mom Card.

Tis a good feeling.