It was a good day of work. I had enough energy created from yesterday's rest to have a decent day at work both in the classroom and in the bathroom.
I stopped at my mom's after school. Sister 2 was there and as I passed the two windows outside the kitchen, she gave me 'the look'.
I took a breath and braced myself for what was to come.
Mom's cancer is back and in her lungs. It is pretty significant in the xrays and the dr let it slip that it was indeed melanoma. She is on the list for a rush scan to get more specific details.
She has been so sick with what seemed like the flu for the past 6 weeks. She was super weak but wouldn't go to the dr. What was worse was that her spirit was gone. Never seen her like this.
I received the news well. Didn't break down in front of mom. We talked for a good hour about Christmas plans and we left it at that.
I got into her garage before I broke down. This is not going to be easy.
Not Much Working Out Monday
3 hours ago
3 comments:
I'm so very sorry, Jolie.
Oh Jolie, I am so sorry. Wish you and your family all the strength through this rough period.
Oh no. Jolie, I'm so sorry to read this. Thinking about you and hoping your mom is one hell of a fighter <3
Post a Comment