It truly felt like it was about 8 weeks long.
Here were my goals for October and how I felt I did:
:
- tuck money away for DS's college
I continued to put money away for college. The dollar has been sliding a bit so its just in a savings account until the dollar improves, or I have no choice.
- track the US dollar everyday to see when it is high enough to buy
It was close to 80 cents but is now hovering at 77 cents
- decide on a plan for xmas - gifts. holidays etc
Not a clue. DS plays hockey on the East coast before New Years and I waffled with the idea of no presents and using that money for the trip. It's his last year and it would be nice to see him play in person a few times before it's all over.
- stay on WW
I was doing well until a week after we returned from the US and then it all just fell apart. Winter came. It was cold. I stopped walking. I stopped tracking. I avoided the WW group posts on Facebook. I am working on getting back on track before I blow all my progress.
- continue with the other jolie blog for my weight loss journey
The posts have been sparse but I think of those great folk often, who follow me and cheer me on. I need to give them something to cheer about.
- fingers crossed 4 lb loss
It was 5 lbs of loss before the wagon falling off fiasco. If we go by the calendar, I ended October with a 3 pound net loss
- squeeze in as many walks outside as I can before it's too cold
Done. I miss it already.
- buy a new winter coat
I actually found 2. That I liked! That was rare. Usually its 'because I found one that fits'. I was in the city for my infusion at my plus size ladies store. I had a $100 gift card from my sister for my birthday along with a $25 reward card. I found 2 coats I liked and as I entered the store there was a flash sale. Everything 2 for the price of 1. I bought two new lovely winter coats ( one black and one a light grey) for the price of 1 and then deducted my $125. It was a great feeling.
- read one book for pleasure
Done. But barely. It's hard for my brain to focus on reading during the school year.
- don't go hog wild on spending when I head down to the US to see DS
It really was gas, hotels and dining out. I did find a lovely plus sized store down there with so many dif options than I have up here and spent some money there. Was also a sale on there so that helped.
- keep tracking steps on my fitbit
I have religiously been using my fitbit and daily I am between 10 and 20 000 steps
- try one new recipe
Fail. Really should get on that.
And........that was October.
No comments:
Post a Comment