I saw a lot of DS1 during this week. He was home last Thursday to pack up and head off to his four day music festival. They left right after the Eric Church concert and got home in the wee hours of Monday morning. I had the crockpot going will pulled pork and had a pasta salad ready. They were ravenous when they woke up. We got all the laundry done, tents and coolers cleaned out and his vehicle washed and ready to go.
I saw him again last Tuesday night as he had dentist appt #2 early Wednesday morning. They got home and had caught the Pokémon Go bug. It was funny watching them go out on the bikes hunting together. Wed morning was his dentist appt. Two wisdom teeth out and a filling. While he was in the chair his gf and I went out so she could catch a few poke. When we got back DS was choked we had gone without him. He was so funny with his mouth half frozen, full of gauze, cracking jokes left and right. The ladies in the dentist office had tears in their eyes. What a kid. I sent him back to his gf's house with homemade beef barley soup and his prescribed Tylenol 3s. She sent me a pic later of him asleep on their couch with her two year old niece sitting on him 'reading' a book to her sleeping Uncle.
I have been doing a few more walks. I long for longer ones but when I get home and hit the bathroom right away, I know I made the right call doing a shorter ones. DS got re-added to DH's insurance so hopefully a cheque for his first dentist visit comes soon. We mailed those forms last Fri. His one yesterday was sent straight from the dentist to insurance so we may well get that cheque before the first one.
I was bad and went to the school on Tuesday. There was no one in my wing, not even cleaning staff. I was checking to see if my floors were waxed. They were so I set my timer and spent two hours moving my furniture back into my room and arranging it how I think I want it to be for the first month. I left a list for myself for the next time I go in, so that I use my time efficiently.
I read some this week. Went online and hunted for ideas for new units I want to do.
I watched what I ate and I drank a ton of water. And I lost weight.
Not Much Working Out Monday
2 hours ago
2 comments:
Well done Jolie. Listen to your body-I need to remember that. Why is drinking lots of water so hard sometimes? I know it is the cheapest component to good health but struggle with enough.
I agree with Sam - why is it so difficult to drink water when we know it's so good for us? Perhaps because it's not chocolate...? Anyway, sounds like you've been doing really well overall. Slow and steady - although frustrating - is really the way to go. Listen to your body. I should take a page from your book. xx
Post a Comment