It did all of those things.
And a few people read it too.
I had nothing ground breaking to share. No big successes. No advice on investments (seriously, don't ask me! I am still fuzzy on all that after 8 years). No press. No media.
Just me, and my thoughts.
So after 8 years of blogging...
- I know a LOT more than I used to, but still have so much to learn
- I haven't carried a CC balance since early 2009 - but I do have a LOC I am working on
- I still put money in jars. Not 100% of the time - but a great deal.
- I still fake a payday four times a month, since I really only get paid once a month. I dutifully go out and pull out my weekly money. It works.
- I still budget and go over numbers
- I still make mistakes
- and spend too much on my kids
- and college, don't even get me started on this (voluntary) path
- I still get rattled by upcoming expenses, but going back to my spreadsheet is soothing...reassuring.
- I still plan ahead for things like Christmas, Summer, back to school. etc
- I still look for ways to save and ask questions to avoid surprises in things like phone plan, cable bill etc
- I still suffer from poor health but keep valiantly trying to get better
- I still get sad when a favourite blog disappears, or isn't updated
- I still roll change and cherish its zen like feelings
- I rarely charge to my CC without going home immediately and paying it off
- I rarely buy books or magazines anymore.
- I still buy the occasional lottery ticket and hope and wish
- I still keep reading your blogs and learning from your experiences
- I still read and appreciate every comment, even if I don't answer them all
I don't have a lot new to say these days, and sometimes I go quiet. But every single success I have had moneywise, little or small, owes its credit to this blog and the community I discovered, 8 years ago.
8 comments:
I love ur blog and all your goals
I'm so happy you started and didn't stop blogging. We learn much from every day successes and challenges than get rich magic bullet claims. I hope you keep it up for a long time.
Love reading your blog!
I love your blog too and have enjoyed it reading it for many years!
i enjoy reading your blog. I like how you share life's ups and downs.:)
aww thank you so much everyone. It means a lot.
I was a reader of your blog probably around the time of it's birth. I moved in 2010 and since fell off the PF blogging but more recently I've been catching up on it all. I look forward to more posts and congrats on 8 years!
Happy birthday!
Post a Comment