Pages

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday Evening Chit Chat

Pop on over to visit Carla, for her sunday evening  chit chat.

This is a picture of my parents' dog in their backyard. This is the first dog they have ever had unless you count farm dogs years ago when we lived on the farm.




What am I reading?
I finished reading Code Talker, for school. I am also almost through Candace Bushnell's One Fifth Avenue. I bought it in the city when I was in for my dr appt. I needed cheering up and had some money left in my 'allowance'. I got this hardcover for $4.99 on the summer discount table. I wasn't a Sex in the City watcher, but thought I'd give the book a try.  While it was interesting, I preferred Hedge Fund Wives, which I read last year.


What am I watching?

Yup, the Olympics :-)  My favourite events are the swimming,diving, gymnastics and athletics, though I watch pretty much any of it as I putter about.  Cheering on Canada, of course, but I do have a soft spot for the Czech Republic, since I have actually been there.

What am I listening to?

The fan, trying to cool me off

What am I cooking/baking?

Tonight was BBQ at my parents' house. Steak, fresh corn on the cob, new potatoes and peas. Yum!!

What am I happy I accomplished the past week?

I did a ton of decluttering, which made me feel very good. I stayed on points with WW again. Every day is a bonus for my  'usually fall off the wagon' ass.  I also ran away for two days. All by myself. Post to come on that. It was incredibly therapeutic.

What am I looking forward to this coming week?

Well this is the last week of my self proclaimed decluttering. Have to get done what I can get done and then move on to other things.  Have to start my to do list for the classroom so when I go in I don't waste time and I can just get right at it.

What am I thankful for today?
Another week of good health. I can walk without accidents and while I am still in very rotten shape, each time I am out there I thank God I have one more good day and the chance to be out and about, get fresh air and get some exercise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such a cute dog!!! What is his or her name??

(And also ... I'm glad to see that your spirits seem to have lifted a bit. Can't wait to hear about the runaway Jolie!)

Jolie said...

Thanks so much Anon. His name is Koda.

~Carla~ said...

Sounds like it was a great week! Good job on the points, Jolie!! Keep it up! :) It's worth the work!

Maria Sself said...

Sounds so-so-so yummy! Life is indeed good;-)))